CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11/17/08

Ant Goes To DC

Last night, EENJ and I went to DC to see Foreign Exchange at the Black Cat. It was an amazing show. We met Phonte, Nicolay, Yahzarah, Zo!, and Muhsinah. They were all cool ass people. There's the short version of the story.

Now we go on to the major part. When we got there we met some dope ass people. T-Squared (look him up on myspace. dope dope emcee.) and The Pretty Brown Girl (check out Hey, You Asked! in the links on the right side of the page) were chillin the front row when we walked up. We just kicked it for a minute, and then that's when the conversation of the overabundance of emcees and producers came up. Elijah introduced me as their producer. I was kinda like "Uh oh, I'm just like the 10,000,000 other dudes that are 'producers' that are out there tryin' to do their thing." Then T-Squared shared m feelings in tellin' me how sometimes he's scared to tell people he raps. Funny things like that happen. It got me feeling like it was gonna be hard to make it, even for people as talented as us, because everybody's out there trying to do it.

After the concert finished, we went downstairs to the bar, and on the way in, we saw Muhsinsah. Justin walked up to here and asked to buy her a drink. We all went inside and chatted a bit. The "producer" introduction happened again. All I could say was "yeah...I...do what i can...", following by an awkward glance around the room, but fuck all that. Justin asked "What did you do to blow up? Did you put yourself out there or were you found?" She told him she was found by Common and he randomly just called her. As a result of that, she told us to just keep doin' what we do, and if it's meant to be, it will. She went through a lot in order to be recognized, because she felt it was right. Look where she is now. Featured on Common's album. That's an amazing story to me.

I don't know what's gonna happen to me in the future, but I guess I'll find out soon. Last night was amazing. And I met some dope ass people. I'll see y'all around.

1 comments:

Elijah said...

Yo this night was ill as hell!